Travel insurance is The insurance that is intended to cover medical emergencies, medical expenses, flight
Compare And Buy Travel Insurance Plans, Save Tax
What are the coverage’s available under any Travel Insurance Policy
The General list of common risks that are covered by insurance companies is as under:
1) Cost of Medical Treatment, this also includes to and fro charges of the vehicle from
2) Cancellation of trip or trip interruption, this covers any unused travel and/or accommodation costs,
And other charges (including any additional expenses incurred, by the customer, provided they are deemed reasonable & genuine)
Also Read: Religare Travel Insurance Plans
If a trip gets cancelled or cut short under the below circumstances.
- Visitor health insurance
- Accidental death, injury or disablement benefit
- Overseas funeral expenses
- Lost, stolen or damaged baggage, personal effects or travel documents
- Delayed baggage (and emergency replacement of essential items)
- Flight connection was missed due to airline rescheduling or delay
- Travel delays due to weather
- Medical expense coverage can be per-occurrence or maximum-limit.
- Death, injury, illness, disease, or pregnancy complications
- compulsory quarantine
- jury service
- If called as a witness
- Termination of employment (provided the customer did not know about it before he booked the trip)
- You have been called up if you are a member of the armed forces or other public
defenseor safety organization
- Prohibition of travel by the government to the intended destination
- Officially recommended evacuation from the intended destination
Officialadvisory against going to or remaining at the intended destination
- Death or serious illness of a family member (subject to age restrictions)
Also Read: What Is Insurance?
Concept and necessity of Travel Insurance in the International domain .
to be burdened with the costs of
- A) Students
travelingto the USA are required to have a qualified plan during their period of study As per their chosen course of study, travelersto countries in the Schengen countries have to satisfy the Visa Office that they have sufficient insurance at the time of their visa application
- B) Health insurance is mandatory for visitors to enter the UAE (Dubai, Abu Dhabi etc) and require a visit or tourist visa. The Travel companies who are organizing group tours/ package tours compulsorily require insurance
- c) Generally, most countries where one is applying for a visa are likely to also require a minimum level of travel insurance.
As per customer need, often separate insurance can be purchased for specific costs such as:
Travelingwithin high riskcountries (e.g. war, natural disasters or countries which are affected by terrorism)
- b) Additional AD&D coverage
- c) Rental Car Coverage
- d) Pre-existing conditions for particular diseases (e.g. asthma, diabetes, etc.,)
- e) Sports with an element of risk (e.g. skiing, mountain climbing, scuba diving)
- f) Cancel for Any Reason Coverage
- g) 3rd party supplier insolvency (e.g. the restaurant or Company offering airline services to which you made non-refundable pre-payments has gone into administration)
- h) Acute onset of pre-existing condition/s
- i) Specific event coverage, (e.g., to cover travel cancellation costs if the reason the person is
traveling, such as a concert, is cancelled)
Exclusions in Travel Insurance
- Pre-existing medical conditions.
- unlicensed operation of a vehicle
Travelingfor the purpose of receiving medical treatment.
- Elective surgery or treatment, or injury or illness caused by alcohol, drug use, or reckless
Participation insome sporting activities.
- Events arising from war and terrorism are usually excluded.
- Contrary to this most policies allow trip cancellation arising from war or an act of terrorism that meets the policy’s criteria.
- New policies will often exclude circumstances based on an ongoing event, such as natural disasters e.g. typhoons or floods.
- Long-term exclusions may be announced for events such a visit to Bali’s Mt Agung volcano is being excluded from 2017
- Some policies exclude travel to certain countries, or parts of countries, where a greater risk is expected.
Also Read: Healthcare Insurance in India?
Pre-existing medical status must be declared prior to the trip start date.
The European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) entitled to treatment in state-run hospitals in European Union countries
HDFC ERGO is providing hassle-free travel insurance for international travel.
Travel insurance is important and compulsory for
HDFC ERGO provides best Travel Insurance in India.
Travel Insurance package consists of health insurance plans and risk
It also provides domestic travel insurance plans for
Also Read: HDFC Ergo Health Insurance Plans
HDFC Ergo provides best services as the company has
Key Features of HDFC ERGO Travel Insurance
- HDFC ERGO allows online travel insurance policy which can be purchased instantly.
- It provides cashless claims. Thus one can get easy reimbursements if admitted to HDFC ERGO’s network hospitals.
- Even foreign nationals, who are employed with Indian companies and receiving
salaryin Indian Rupees may apply for travelinsurance policy. Onlycondition is that they should provide proper IT Verification documents and a copy of their ration card.
- The policy may be cancelled within the period of 14 days from the date of inception. The necessary documents are the copy of passport.
- The customer has to inform the company via email or fax or company’s customer care centre. The HDFC ERGO will charge Rs. 250/- as cancellation charges.
- The policy can be extended also, subject to certain conditions.
Many times one
Variety of plans:
Single trip policy cover:
- Applicable for the Age range of 6 months to 70 years
- 18 years to 70 years Single trip for Asia continent (Japan Not covered )
:AgeLimit 6 months to 70 years
Family Floater Plan Available under travel insurance:
The person self & his spouse up to the age of 60 years and 2 child’s from 3 months up to the age of 21 years
- If you need to make claims against your travel policy, then, emergency assistance will be available.
Online Travel Insurance Policy:
HDFC ERGO provides you
Cashless hospitalisation and claims: In case of an unfortunate
Coverage details provided as per HDFC ERGO Travel Insurance policy.
Following are the details regarding the coverage that the HDFC ERGO Travel Insurance policy offers:
- Emergency Medical cost coverage This covers expenses incurred due to illness or accident
including mandatoryand prescribed emergency evacuation. It covers OPD costs, in-patient, medical aid, therapies and diagnostic tests
- Emergency medical evacuation: This covers the expenses for the purpose of moving the insured person to the nearby hospital
- Migration expenses: Covers the expenses for moving the insured person to his/her country of residence
- Dental expenses: Covers only
non aesthetictreatment of natural teeth.
- Cash for daily medical
expenses :Pays a daily allowance in the event of hospitalization either due to sickness or an accident, as stated in the policy schedule.
- Sum insured to be paid for accidental death and permanent total disability – Common Carrier: Pays the sum insured specified in the policy
- In addition to the sum insured specified under this clause if the insured sustains, Bodily Injury during the course of the journey while travelling in a common carrier such as rail, bus, or aircraft; and if
in accident, bodily injury results in death or permanent total disability.
- The company pays compensation in case of death or permanent total disability caused due to an accident.
- Delay in flights or in between 2 flights: Pays compensation if the aircraft is delayed for more than 12 hours than the
originalscheduled departure time for purchase of meals, refreshments.
- If Luggage gets lost and Documents gets lost: Pays
actualcost of replacing lost document (inclusive of passport) and belongings.
- If the baggage gets
lost :Pays compensation for the permanent loss of checked-in baggage.
for checked-inbaggage: Pays compensation for reasonable expenses incurred for the purchase of toiletries, clothing and medication due to delayof checked-in baggage for more than 12 hours.
- Liability clause: As per this section compensation for damages to a third party, resulting from death, injury or damage to his/her health or property caused involuntarily by the insured will be paid.
- Financial Emergency Assistance: Assistance is provided
where inthe insured loses all or substantial amount of his / her travel funds due to theft, pilferage, robbery or dacoity
- Special Contingency Travel Benefits: Company pays for the cost of hotel
accommodation ,if the insured person sustains bodily injury or sickness, directly and independently of all other causes, which results in admission and stay in hospital as per Doctor’s advice as an in-patient and he/she misses a flight back to his/her country of residence.
- Hijack distress allowance: This covers the compensation payable in event of
hijackof the common carrier in which the insured person is traveling, while on a trip abroad during the period of policy tenure ..
- A decided amount will be paid for each day of the hijack up to the limits specified under the policy.
HDFC Ergo General Insurance Company is a joint venture in between HDFC Limited and Ergo International AG. (
The HDFC ERGO Insurance company have been present in around 89 cities and has over 109 branches all over India It is always better to stay safe while
Here HDFC ERGO Health insurance policy supports you against any misfortune.
You can face any Health hazards while you travel.
HDFC Ergo is the solution to your problems while
question arises why does one require to buy a Travel Insurance?
Travel Insurance provides medical, financial and other assistance in case of an emergency or any unfortunate circumstances while
It is highly required for a business
The customer has become more and
Because the HDFC Travel Insurance protects the
Thus it is better to get Insured
Thus it helps an individual or family to enjoy a
What are the available plans with HDFC ERGO?
HDFC ERGO provides coverage’s for various trips such as one time Trip, Multiple Trips, It also provides the location wise plans for Asia, Europe and other subcontinents.
- HDFC Ergo also provides a Family Floater Plan with various options.
- Here one should think about the eligibility criteria for getting travel insurance.
- Travel Insurance
policy can befor different age criteria purchases i.e fromthe child of 6 months to the elderly up to 70 yrs.
- The minimum period for a trip should be in between 1 day to 4 days. Travel Insurance requires no medical
check upunto 70 yrs of age .Butin case of any pre-existing illnessthe company can arrange the medical check-up.
- It is compulsory to buy travel insurance before applying to
schengenvisa. The minimum coverage required is US$ 50000 under Travel Insurance plan.
1) Individual Travel
One should plan the trip diligently for a delightful travel experience.
The basic things are flight tickets, Visa and choosing
An Ideal Travel plan for individual travel should
Here HDFC ERGO Travel insurance policy offers Travel Insurance to
HDFC ERGO Travel Insurance is with you to
This can be anything like loss of luggage/baggage, loss of important documents and medical emergencies effectively.
With HDFC ERGO Travel Insurance, the individual feels
2) Family Travel Insurance
One should give the due importance to his family. The person plans
The family has a right to enjoy the holidays as per their interest and liking.
A vacation at the beautiful and amazing destination helps you to spend some precious time with your near and dear ones and it is helpful for relaxing the mind and body.
We feel some different and exciting moments and it can be a memorable one in future also. One can experience
International Travel could be fun, but remember that it also exposes oneself and his
Travel insurance is mandatory to enjoy the trip to in the perfect manner.
Imagine that in case of any unexpected medical emergency arrives then one has to
The treatment cost can be
Let us imagine another case such as loss of luggage or important documents such as Passport during the trip It can lead to
To overcome above such situations and a tension free vacation, HDFC ERGO provides Family Travel Insurance.
HDFC ERGO Family Travel Insurance keeps away one’s Family from possible risks and uncertainties.
3) Student Travel
Anybody is interested to pursue
This has happened due to globalization. It has opened the various opportunities to the students who want to pursue the career of their choice.
The number of students who wish to pursue higher studies overseas is increasing day by day.
Studying abroad includes adjusting with
Many other incidents may disturb the students’ stay and at foreign countries. Such situations may adversely affect one’s family and financial portfolio at international destinations.
HDFC ERGO understands the requirement of students in this aspect.
HDFC ERGO travel insurance policy has adequate plans To cover medical emergencies and other losses.
HDFC ERGO Travel insurance policy supports the students in their study period in foreign countries.
HDFC ERGO Travel Insurance policy offers
Also Read: What is term insurance?
Benefits of HDFC ERGO Travel Insurance Policy.
The range of
Detailed coverage that the HDFC ERGO Travel Insurance policy offers:
- A) Emergency Medical Expenses: This covers medical expenses incurred due to illness or accident, including medically
essential andprescribed emergency evacuation. It covers OPD expenses , in-patient expenses ,medical treatment ,therapies and diagnostic tools.
- B) Emergency medical evacuation: As per this provision the amount required in moving the insured to the nearest hospital
- C) Repatriation of remains: The expenses incurred in moving the insured to his/her home country will be paid.
- D) Emergency dental expenses: This covers
non aesthetictreatment of natural teeth.
- E) Hospital cash: As per this
facility companypays a daily allowance in the event of hospitalization either due to sickness or an accident, as per policyschedule.
- F) Accidental death and permanent total disability – Common Carrier: As per this clause,
companypays the sum insured specified in the related schedule.
The Cancellation Process in HDFC ERGO Travel Insurance
If the cancellation request is made after the commencement of the policy date, then the photocopy of the passport having all the pages is required as a proof that the customer has not travelled during his policy tenure to
The necessary steps before purchasing a Travel Insurance Policy.
A travel plan, towards a foreign location, should be pre-planned A care should be taken depending on your travel plan, destination and budget.
As per your requirement and budget choose the travel insurance policy. Please remember to know the inclusions and exclusions of the particular travel insurance policy as well as the exclusions part carefully.
Exclusions for HDFC ERGO Travel Insurance policy
Below are the exclusions on the policy that should be noted.
- Civil war or foreign war
- Self-inflicted injury, suicide
- Non-adherence to medical advice
- The insured person has consumed liquor, drugs or narcotics (unless
advised / administeredby a physician)
- Participation in any sport as a professional player
- Participation in any criminal act
- AIDS or HIV
- Treatment of nervous and mental problems
- The insured person is participating in sporting activities like parachuting, hang gliding, bungee jumping, etc.
Claim Procedure regarding HDFC ERGO Travel Insurance Policy.
If any incident occurs in which the insurer wants claim under the policy, If he is abroad, then one should contact +800 08250825 (International
In case the person
Along with this, one may send them to Company’s Claims Processing Cell at the following address:
HDFC ERGO General Insurance Company Limited
6th Floor, Leela Business Park,
Andheri Kurla Road,
Andheri – East, Mumbai- 400 059, India