Apollo Munich Overview:
Apollo Health Insurance companies are private sector health insurance company in India.
It is founded on 6th August 2007, it is a joint venture between the Apollo Hospital group and Munich Health.
One of the three business segment of Munich.
A leading reinsurance based in Germany.
Apollo Munich was also known as the Apollo DKV Insurance Company Ltd.
Apollo Munich has around 50 branches office in the country.
You can buy policies of Apollo Munich through an agent as well as company official website.
This company is offered to safeguard you against medical expenses but also preventive healthcare treatments.
It’s a registered office in Hyderabad and corporate office in Gurgaon and strong distribution in India.
Apollo Health Insurance companies are one of the most trusted and preferred health insurance brands in India.
The statistics are impressive- Over 80% of Apollo Munich’s existing customers renew their policies each year, over 95% of the claims are settled within 30 days from the point of initiation of the claim with 15 days being the average claim settlement period, cashless authorizations happen within 2 hours from the point of claim intimation.
No wonder, over 85 of Apollo Munich customer respond positively when asked for a feedback.
Truly, the company has the drive, the recognition, and the resources to perch itself on top of the health insurance domain in India.
The company has over 50 branch offices across the country.
The health insurance policies offered by Apollo Munich can be purchased through agents as well a the company’s official website.
The health insurance policies offered by Apollo Munich is not only to safeguard you against medical expenses but also for preventive healthcare treatments.
The insurer has settled Rs. 2913 crore claims from inception till June 2017.
Apollo Health Insurance won the 2015 Health Insurance Provider Award by Money Today and Financial Planning Corporation for demonstrating leadership in ensuring the financial well-being of consumers.
In 2014, Apollo Health Insurance won the Product Innovation Award and Innovation of the Year Award for its product, energy which is designed for individuals with diabetes.
Apollo Munich Health Insurance Highlights:
|Waiting Period For Pre-existing Disease||3 Year|
|Incurred Claim Ratio||54.99%|
|Number Of Policies Issued||681314|
Features of the Apollo Munich Insurance:
- Insurance coverage is available for new-born babies more than 3 months old along with an insured parent.
- A person can choose a health insurance policy with an insurance coverage starting from as low as Rs.1 lakh. Further, The policy buyer can also select to purchase the plan on an individual basis or a family floater basis.
- Without hospitalization, it can be availed in 4,500+ network hospitals across India.
- The insurer covers certain riders that can be attached to the base health insurance policy for additional coverage.
- Insurance coverage is available for new-born babies more than 3 months old along with an insured parent
- Particular health insurance plans that are offered by Apollo Munich offer unique policy benefits such as a restore benefit, such as restore benefit, multiplier benefit, and stay active benefit to promote the well-being of its customers.
- The cover certain riders that can be attached to the base health insurance policy for additional coverage.
- The policyholder is suitable to receive a 10% cumulative bonus for every claim-free year.
Also read: Star Health Insurance
Benefits of Apollo Munich Health Insurance:
- Cover hospitalization +Pre hospitalization + Post hospitalization.
- Discount of renewal with the “Stay Active “ benefit.
- No sub-limit and no co-payments.
- Pre and Post hospitalization 60 to 90 days.
- Newborn baby cover option
- Pre and post option
- Home treatment option
- Ambulance cover expenses
- No claim benefits 50% annually.
- Organ donor cover option.
- Critical illness cover plans.
- Hospital daily expenses cover plan provision.
- Free total hospital checkup.
Why Buy Apollo Munich Health Insurance Policy
- Sum Insured: You can select an optimum level of sum insured that is sure to meet your need.
- A good health insurance policy is one that covers a comprehensive health cover at an affordable premium.
- Appropriate healthcare: In the case of medical difficulty such as a sudden illness or accident requiring hospitalization, a suitable health insurance policy covers by Apollo Munich will ensure you receive appropriate and adequate healthcare. You don’t have to dip into your savings or borrow a loan to pay the medical bills.
- Network Hospitals: Apollo Munich has over 4500 network hospitals across India where you can avail the cashless facility.
- Cashless hospitalization: Apollo Munich Easy health insurance policies covered by Apollo Munich provide cashless hospitalization wherein the insurer will pay the medical bills directly to the hospital.
- Claim Process: Apollo health Insurance has an able claim process in place to ensure the claims are settled within 15 days. The Claim agreement Ratio of Apollo Munich Health Insurance for FY 2015-16 is 89%.
- Tax benefit: Down Section 80D of the Income Tax Act, 1961, the assessee can get a tax deduction on premium paid towards a health insurance policy for self, parents, and parents who are senior citizens subject to the predefined limits.
- Portability: Apollo health insurance plans cover by Apollo Munich can be ported from one insurer to another without losing the policy benefits like waiting period and no-claim bonus.
- Lifelong renewability: Apollo health insurance plans cover by Apollo Munich have a lifelong renewability option so that insured member can get health coverage in his or her hour of need.
- No- Claim Bonus: For any claim-free year, earn up to 100% NCB in the form of a 50-100?% increase in sum insured.
- Restore benefit: In the case of certain health insurance policies that are covered by Apollo Munich, the insurer will restore the full sum insured for any new illnesses if you or a family member disable the entire sum insured during the policy term.
- Health and Wellness Portal: With Apollo Munich health and wellness portal, insured members can keep track of their health conditions like BMS, weight, etc.
- Health Checkup: At the end of any 2,3 or 4 claim-free years, 1% of the sum insured will be reimbursed for a free health checkup.
Also read our blog on United India Health Insurance
Apollo Munich Health Insurance Plans:
1) Features Of Easy Health Insurance Plan:
- People between age 5 years-65 years. A
defenselesschild is covered from the 91st day, provided either one of the parents is covered this policy.
- Policy period is 1 or 2. If a 2-year plan has opted, you get a 7.5% discount.
- Lifelong renewables.
- 30 day grace period is giving for renewing the policy.
- Sustainable premium is subject to change with approval from IRDA, this change will be Intimidated 3 months in advance to the policyholder.
- Wait period gets reduced by one year on the continuous renewal of the policy.
- Personal and their family members included their spouse, dependent children, dependent parents.
- A 2% family discount is relevant if 2 members of the family are covered and 10% if 3 or more family members are covered.
- Most of 6 members can be added in a single policy. In a personal policy, a maximum of 4 adults are included and 5 children can be included.
- For hospitalization of more than 24 hours, medical expenses are provided.
- Cash incurred due to illness 60 days prior to hospitalization are covered.
- Medical cost post 90 days after the discharge.
- 144-day care enlisted procedures are covered.
- Private treatment that is done at home.
- All along term the organ transplant, the treatment expenses for the organ donor are covered.
- Difficulty Ambulance service of up to Rs. 2000 are covered.
- For the shared accommodation at the hospital, daily cash is provided ranging between Rs 500 to 3000.
- Medical expenses for Ayurveda, Unani, Siddha, and Homeopathy for the in-patient treatment are covered.
2) Easy health standard Insurance Plan:
- People between age 5 years-65 years. A minor child is covered from the 91st day, provided either one of the parents is covered under this policy.
- 1 or 2 years. If a 2-year plan is decided, you get a 7.5?% discount.
- Lifelong renewability.
- A 30-day moratorium is provided for renewing the policy.
- Rebirth premium is subject to change with approval from IRDA, this change will be intimidated 3 months in advance to the policyholder.
- Personal and their family members are eligible for the cover. A family member includes their spouse, dependent children, dependent parents.
- A 2% family discount is appropriate 2 members of the family
Also read: HDFC Ergo Health Insurance
3) Dengue care Insurance Plan:
The Dengue Care Plan from Apollo Munich is a health insurance policy that is exactly designed to provide a risk cover against expenses, for both inpatient and outpatient treatment, that one power has to incur as a result of being diagnosed with dengue.
A key feature of this plan is that policy purchase need not go through a pre-policy medical screening in order to be able to purchase this plan.
The main features and advantage of this plan are listed in the table below. In this policy entry age is 91 days to 65 years and its term 1 year. This policy covered the number of a person, 6 family members.
Benefits of Dengue Care Insurance Plan:
- Inpatient Benefits : Inpatient hospitalisation, Pre- hospitalisation, post-hospitalisation circumstance benefits.
- Outpatient Benefits: Outpatient consultations, indicative tests, pharmacy, and home nursing.
- Other Benefits: Without Cash service at network hospitals and lifetime renewability with a 30-day grace period is provided.
4) Optima restore Insurance Plan
: Optima restore Family:
Get insurance from the age of 5 years to 65 years.
The plan also includes a weak child from the 91st day of its birth, if parents are covered under this policy.
You and your family members including a bride, dependent children dependent.
Parents and parents in law are able to purchase this cover on floater sum insured basis.
You can add a maximum of 6 members with a maximum of 2 people and 5 children in one single policy.
Benefits of optima Restore Family:
The policy comes with multiplier benefits:
- Offers ‘Make ‘benefit.
- Get 7.5% discount for purchase a 2-year policy.
- Offers without hospitalization.
- Get sum insured improvement facility using which sum insured can be enhanced at the time of renewal, Provided no claim is made.
- Offers stability. You can shift your policy from other health insurance provider to Apollo Munich.
- Get tax advantage with the optima Restore Family health insurance plan for the premium paid under section 80D of the Income Tax Act, 1961.
- Pre- hospitalization and post- hospitalization cost are covered.
- Treatment cost for the organ donor at the time of organ transplant is covered.
- A lump sum amount is given for sharing in a network hospital.
- The cost incurred in ambulance service is covered up to Rs. 2000.
- Second thing from a medical practitioner is arranged on request from the insured person diagnosed with a critical illness.
Optima Restore Individual:
- Receive a 10% discount for adding two or more family members under the same policy.
- Premium at rebirth may change rely on the change in your age and change in the current tax rate.
- The policy term includes a period of 1 to 2 years.
- The policy covers lifelong renewability and 30 days of grace period for renewing the policy.
- 1 year pause period on every continuous renewal of your policy.
Benefits of optima Restore Individual:
- Covers multiple benefits which double your claim in two Get coverage from the age of 5 years to 65 years.
- The plan also includes relying on a child from the 91st day of its birth, if parents are covered under this policy.
- claim free years, if you don’t create any claim in your policy.
- Get 7.5% discount for purchasing a policy for two years.
- Covers cashless hospitalization.
- Received sum insured Improvement. Sum insured can be improved at the time of renewal, provided no claim is made.
- Provides ‘restore ‘benefit.
- Covers portability. You can shift your policy from other health insurance providers to Apollo Munich.
- Receive tax benefits for the premium paid under section 80D of the Income Tax Act, 1961.
- Pre- hospitalization and post – hospitalization cost are covered.
- A clump amount is given for sharing a room in a network hospital.
- The cost incurred in ambulance service is covered up to Rs. 2000.
- The second option from medical experts arranged on request from the insured person diagnosed with a critical illness.
5) Apollo Munich Optima vital Plan:
The Apollo Munich Optima Vital Plan is a critical illness health insurance policy that covers the policyholder a cover against any cost that he /she might have to incur as a result of being diagnosed with a critical illness or having to undergo certain surgical procedures.
Its policy term is 1 and 2 year.
Apollo Munich Optima Vital Plan sum insured personal only and its sum insured amount is Rs.2 lakh and Rs.50 lakh.
Thus, upon analysis of the critical illness, the insurer will pay the policyholder a lump sum amount to help pay for the subsequent expenses that he/she may incur.
The key advantage and features of the Apollo Munich Optima Vital Plan are listed in the table below.
Coverage Optima Vital Plan:
- Allows offers for a maximum of 4 person or 5 children under a single policy.
- People able for cover are you, your spouse and dependent children or parents.
- The waiting period for pre-existing conditions is 4 year.
- Upon the decease of critical illness, a second opinion with a doctor chosen by the policyholder, from the insurer’s panel will be arranged.
- Covers 37 diagnostic illnesses ranging from cancer to kidney failure, end-stage liver or lung diseases, burns, first heart attack, etc.
Benefits Optima Vital Plan:
- The sum insured can be increased if the client has made no claims.
- One policy can offer a maximum of 6 individuals.
- Premiums pay are eligible for tax benefits under section 80D of the IT Act.
- The company portability options when
mediclaiminsurance policies held with other companies can be transferred to Apollo Munich.
Also read: Religare Health Insurance
Optima super Insurance:
- Daycare process is offered that does not require 24 hours hospitalization.
- The cost incurred above and after hospitalization for 60 to 90 days.
- It also covers emergency ambulance service and charges.
Health Insurance With Maternity Coverage:
Pregnancy is an important phase of life, one needs to prepare in advance to embrace parenthood.
However, parent, a child is an expensive affair and may require good financial backup to meet the requirements of a growing baby.
Hospital visit to delivery costs to medical tests and medicines, a well-constructed maternity insurance plan can help ease off the rising costs so that you can enjoy the happiest moment of your life without any stress.
Most of the benefits of maternity insurance are pre and post hospitalization costs up to 30 days prior to the date of admission in covered.
Cost such as nursing and room charges, surgeon fee, doctor consultation are also covered.
Pre and post hospitalization:
Pre-hospitalization cost up to 30 days prior to from the date of admission is covered by insurance company.
If you get an issue from the hospital, the insurance company will cover post-hospitalization expenses up to a maximum limit of Rs 5000 or more.
Delivery including pre and postnatal cover:
It provides end to end expenses for delivery of a child, including both normal. It is also cover post-delivery complications for mother.
Newborn baby cover:
Coverage increases to infants if they are diagnosed with a congenital disorder.
Apollo Munich Optima Restore Overview
This plan naturally gives back the basic sum insured in case it is exhausted in a policy year. If the insurance is used up the sum is restored back at no extra cost.
It also comes with a factor benefit in case policy is not claimed. The factor benefit doubles the sum insured in 2 claim free years.
Apollo Munich Optima Restore Policy Details:
- Policy period of 1 or 2 years.
- Its policy can be issued to an individual and family.
- An option of covering on the individual sum insured basis and on family floater bases.
- Most of 6 members can be covered under a single policy.whether on an individual or Family floater basis.
Apollo Munich Optima Restore Policy Plan:
- Completed proposal form.
- Pre-policy Check-up.
Benefits of Optima Restore:
- 2-year premium calculation.
- 7.5% Discount on premium if covered Person is paying a premium of 2 years in advance.
Also read: Aditya Birla Health Insurance
Apollo Munich Health Insurance Renewal:
Renew your policy, log into Apollo Munich Health Insurance website, with your email, member ID, password.
Apollo Munich agent login policy number.
This policy schedule contains a unique policy number which changes every year on renewal.
Apollo Munich renewal process is very easy.
If your policy number is 6000013850, at the time of renewal every year, this number will be added to it like 6000013850-01 or 6000013850-02.
At the time of renewing your policy online, enter the exact policy number as drag up in the policy schedule.
Renewal payment can be made 60 days to the policy expiry date.
This premium is calculated based on the age of the insured at the time of renewal.
You can give 30-day grace period within which to renew your policy.
Renovation post grace period requires you to apply fresh for the policy and you lose all benefits accrued under the previous policy.
One time of renewal, you can choose a different policy, change the sum insured.
In addition to online renovation option.
You can also opt to renew your policy interactive voice response and using the direct payment link.
Apollo Munich health insurance review policy.
Apollo Munich Health Insurance Premium Calculator:
Apollo Munich health Insurance company allow you to calculate the premium payable for health insurance plans from the company.
After-mentioned are a few instances where you can calculate the premium by using the health insurance premium calculator provided by the company:
|No. of members covered||Sum Assured (Rs.)||Premium (with taxes)(Rs.)|
Also read: National Health Insurance
Apollo Munich Customer Care
Get in touch: Policyholders can contact the insurer regarding any policy-related queries by filling out a simple online form or calling the customer support centre on toll-free number 1800-102-0333.
The customer can also mail the insurance with your queries to this email ID.
Detect Network Hospital: Log on this tab to locate a list of network hospitals of the insured in your location or anywhere in the country. You have to do is enter details like city, state, policy, etc.
Apollo Edoc: Policyholder can book an appointment with their doctor online.
Download forms and brochures: This policy-related forms and brochures can detect a from the Apollo Munich Health Insurance website.
Detect branch office: Apollo Munich has 50+ offices across India. You can detect a branch office using the Branch Locator tool on the website.
Senior Citizen: As a person above 65 years of age who require health insurance can get in touch with the insured to receive assistance on how to buy a policy.
SMS notification: Record for SMS Helpline and instant alerts via SMS to Your
Registered mobile number about policy-related information.
Apollo Munich Network Hospital:
Apollo Munich provides first-class healthcare services with over 4000 network hospitals across the country.
To detect a network hospital nearest you, choose your state and city from the drop-down box on the online Network hospital Locator tool.
You will instantly get a list of network Hospitals in your area with contact details.
Types Of Claim Apollo Munich Health Insurance Network Hospital:
The protected must inform the TPA in order to avail the cashless benefit.
Once authorized, the TPA made a direct settlement with the network hospital listed under Apollo Munich cashless network.
The cover does not have to make any payments except for the non-medical expenses and other miscellaneous costs not covered under the policy.
In case of a compensation claim, the insured is need to make the payment for medical treatments upfront to the hospital.
The record can then seek compensation from the services covered under the policy.
How do you claim file at Apollo Munich Health Insurance cashless Network Hospitals?
Claim process without cash hospitalization is as follows:
- In case of urgency hospitalization, Apollo Munich should be informed within 24 hours of hospitalization.
- You need to pay non-medical and other various expenses not covered under the policy.
- This company will check your coverage as per your chosen plan and eligibility. After then send an authorization letter to the provider In case of any discrepancies in the documents, the same should be intimated to the hospital within six hours of receiving the documents.
- A refusal letter is sent to the provided within a duration of six hours, in case the treatment is not covered under the policy.
- Refusal of a cashless claim does not mean the claim is rejected.
Claim process for a reimbursement hospitalization is as follows:
- In case of reimbursement claim, you need to send the claim form signed, with all the required information and documents to Apollo Munich within a span of 15 days after the treatment is completed.
- Once assure receives the complete set of documents, the payment is made as well as a settlement is provided within 30 days.
- The payment is made in the proposer’s name.
Alos read: Healthcare Insurance
Apollo Munich Health Insurance Network Hospital List
The cashless benefit can be utilized at all the Apollo Munich network hospital enlisted below.
If the customer has health insurance from Apollo Munich, this is probably one of the most important lists customers can keep handy.
Top Cities: Hyderabad, Ernakulam, chennai, Mumbai ,Kolkata, Bangalore, Delhi.
Apollo Munich Customer Care:
Apollo Munich Customer Care No: 1800-103-0555
Get health insurance now.