What is Aadhaar Card?
It is a 12-digit Unique number issued by the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI).
It is done by taking a person’s biometric details, for example, iris scan and fingerprints, and statistic information like date of birth and address.
To apply for new Aadhar Card, you have to visit an Aadhaar Enrollment centres close you.
At the enrollment centre, you have to fill a form, present your biometric details with required documents for the verification of proof of identity and the proof of address.
You can confirm and place an appointment for Aadhar Enrollment by calling on Toll-Free 1947
Apply for the Aadhar Card 2019 at an Enrollment Center
The initial step that a candidate should remember before applying for an Aadhaar is to have all documents required for the Aadhaar card prepared while visiting the enrollment focus.
The application procedure for Aadhaar card is the same for every single Indian citizen including minors and senior citizens.
Here is how a person can enrol for Aadhar Card:
- Find an Aadhaar Enrollment Centre near you. If you live in Tier I urban areas(cities), you can find it at https://uidai.gov.in/images/Tier1_Cities_PECs.pdf
- You can likewise discover Aadhaar Enrollment Centres in different cities by visiting https://appointments.uidai.gov.in/easearch.aspx
- Fill the enrollment form. The form is likewise available online at https://uidai.gov.in/images/aadhaar_enrolment_correction_form_version_2.1.pdf
- Present the form alongside supporting documents, for example, the proof of identity and the proof of address.
- After every one of the documents are acknowledged, present your bio-metric information which includes your all ten fingerprints and the iris scan.
- This is not done for applicants below the age of 5 years.
- Your photograph is taken for Aadhaar.
- Collect the acknowledgement slip that contains the 14-digit enrollment number. It is used to check Aadhar card status.
- The Acknowledgment slip should be kept securely till you get your Aadhaar card.
- The candidate will get their Aadhaar card by post at the address referenced on the application form.
You Can Not update Mobile Number Online. You will have to visit the Aadhar card centre ONLY to UPDATE or ADD mobile number on your Aadhar Card.
You can only update your address online.
Check Aadhaar Enrollment Status in 2019:
After the procedures at the enrollment
- Step 1. Go to the official website of UIDAI.
- Step 2. Click ‘Check Aadhaar status’ and enter the enrollment number.
- Step 3. The applicants need to Submit a security code.
- Step 4. Tap the ‘check status’ button.
- Step 5. The status of the applicant’s Aadhaar card will
be appearedon the screen.
Get Your E-Aadhaar
When all of the documents and bio-metric information required for the Aadhaar card are submitted, it can take up to 60-90 days, i.e. around 3 months.
The Aadhaar card will delivered to your address. The card will be sent by means of India Post and because of
Be that as it
- Visit the Aadhaar Card official website of UIDAI.
- Fill in the form with utilizing the enrollment number or the Aadhaar number.
- If you have the enrollment number:
- Enter the enrollment number.
- Date and time must be entered as mentioned in the acknowledgement slip.
- Enter your name, pin code of your area and your registered mobile number with Aadhaar.
- If you have your Aadhaar number:
- Enter it along with your name, pin code and mobile number.
- After entering all the details an OTP (One Time Password) is generated. Enter the OTP and download the E-
In case, you have lost both of the enrollment details or acknowledgement slip then you can recover lost EID by referring to UIDAI website.
Here is the procedure that you will be required to follow:
- Go to the website – www.uidai.gov.in
- Click on
selectionto get your lost EID
- Enter your details like full name, mobile number or email ID, and security Captcha to get the one time password.
- The OTP will be sent to your mobile phone in
- Use the one time password to confirm your request.
- After the verification of OTP, you will be conveyed with your enrollment details.
application of Aadhar card 2019:
Q. Could NRIs apply for Aadhaar card?
Answer: NRIs are not eligible for Aadhaar card.
They can apply for Aadhaar just when they have been residing in India for the past 182 days in 1 year.
Q. What are the documents required for Aadhar card 2019?
Answer: You can submit any of the supporting documents are accepted by the UIDAI as Identity proof:
- Ration card.
- Voter Identification card.
- Driving license of the applicant.
- PAN card.
- Photo identification cards issued by the Government of India.
- Service photo ID cards that are issued by a PSU.
- Job card of NREGS.
- Photo Bank ATM card.
- Credit card photo card.
- Photo card of the Pensioner.
- Freedom Fighter photo card.
- Photo Passbook of Kisan.
- Photo card of CGHS.
- Certificate of Marriage.
- A photo identification that is issued by a Recognized Educational Institution.
- Document containing proof of marriage of the applicant issued initially by the Marriage Registrar.
- Legally endorsed name change certificate.
- ECHS Photocard.
- Living Address card of the applicant that contains both the name and the photo that was initially issued by the Department of Posts.
- Identity Certificate containing the photo of the applicant on a legitimate letterhead issued by either a Gazetted Officer or a Tehsildar.
- Either a debilitated medical certificate or an incapacity Identification card that is issued by either the State Government, the
UTGovernment or any such Administration.
Q.What is the difference between the Aadhar card and the e-
Answer: The Aadhar card means your identity in your hand. The Aadhar card will be sent by post via UIDAI. It’s called Aadhar card. E-
Q. How can one change the name after marriage on an Aadhaar card?
Answer: Your Aadhaar card, your husband’s aadhar card, your marriage certificate (the wedding card is a valid proof as well) and electicity bill as proof of address.
Your new name was created as the name of your aadhaar card (REEMA), the middle name is the name of your husband (SURESH) and the last name of your husband (VAIDYA), ie REEMA SURESH VAIDYA or VAIDYA REEMA SURESH is your name. Here, your name and your husband’s name is matched together with your marriage certificate, your new address from the given address, or your husband’s aadhaar card.
The personal visit of the registration
Q. Which proof is needed to change the name in an Aadhaar card after marriage?
Answer: Either your court marriage certificate or an application signed by Chief Medical Officer, CO, ACP, DM or by any gazetted govt. officer, husband’s
If your name is printed wrong then birth certificate or high school mark sheet will also do the work.